If you're young and healthy, you may think you don't need health insurance. Or that it's too expensive. Or not worth the trouble.
A few things to think about
- When you apply for insurance using Nevada Health Link, you'll find out if you qualify for savings that can make insurance less expensive. You may save on out-of-pocket costs too, meaning you'll have a lower deductible and pay less each time you get care.
- You can pick a Catastrophic health plan - a way to protect yourself from worst-case scenarios.
- Applying can be easy and fast. If you're single or have a pretty straightforward family situation, applying and finding out what savings you qualify for won't take much time at all.
Protection and quality care when bad things happen
- Nobody plans to get sick or hurt, but bad things happen - even to healthy people. A broken leg can cost $7,500 to treat. Three days in the hospital can cost $30,000.
- If you're paying for every medical service yourself, you may make some health care decisions based on money instead of what's best for your health.
- All Nevada Health Link insurance plans cover ER services, doctor and hospital charges, pregnancy, treatment for all pre-existing conditions, mental health and substance abuse services, lab work, and a list of essential health benefits. Some include dental coverage.
- Plans cover services like breast cancer screenings for women and a whole range of preventive services for all adults and children.
- All plans are offered by private insurance companies that compete for your business based on features and price.
Fill out just one Nevada Health Link application to find out if you qualify for
- An insurance plan with savings based on your income. You'll see how much you'll save immediately. Our sorting and filtering tools make it easy to check out plans side-by-side.