All Nevada Health Link plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical conditions.
- No insurance plan can reject you, charge you more, or refuse to pay for essential health benefits for any condition you had before your coverage started
- Once you're enrolled, the plan can't deny you coverage or raise your rates based only on your health
- Medicaid and Nevada Check Up also can't refuse to cover you or charge you more because of your pre-existing condition
- If you're pregnant when you apply, an insurance plan can't reject you or charge you more because of your pregnancy
- Once you're enrolled, your pregnancy and childbirth are covered from the day your plan starts
- If you have a health plan & give birth or adopt after you enrolled:
- Your child's birth or adoption qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period. This means you can enroll in or change plans outside the annual Open Enrollment Period.
- Your coverage can start from the date of birth or adoption, even if you enroll up to 60 days afterward.