If your insurance company denies your claim, contact your insurance company directly and attempt to resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your insurance company, you may contact the Nevada Division of Insurance to file a complaint.
The Nevada Division of Insurance handles the following types of complaints:
- Improper denial or delay in settlement of a claim
- Alleged illegal cancellation or nonrenewal of an insurance policy
- Problems concerning insurance premiums and rates
- Alleged misconduct by an agent or broker (misrepresentation, theft of premiums, etc.)
- Problems relating to medical necessity of a treatment, an experimental or investigational therapy for certain medical conditions, or a claim denial for emergency or urgent medical services.