The fastest, easiest way to submit your documents is to upload them into your account on Nevada Health Link.
- To get started, you'll need an electronic file of the document saved on your computer. It can be a scan or a photo.
- Make sure the file:
- Contains a clear, readable image
- Is in one of these formats: .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .pdf, .png
- Is under 5 MB
- Has a file name without a colon, semicolon, asterisk, or any other special character
- Once you have the documents on your computer, log into Nevada Health Link to upload them.
Include step-by-step instructions of exactly how to upload the documents. See Marc and/or Reshma for details.
Not sure which documents to submit? See Required Documents.
Need help submitting documents?
We highly recommend that you find a free local agent or enrollment professional who can assist you. To do this, click the Help & Support link at the top of the Nevada Health Link website and then select Find Local Assistance. This will take you to a directory where you can enter your zip code and see a list of certified enrollment professionals in your neighborhood.
If you are unable to upload your documents, you can mail your documents to the following address.
- Mailed documents may take several weeks to receive and process, so don't wait until the last day of eligibility to mail in your documents.
- Do not send original documents: Send photocopies only. Documents will not be returned.
- Include your printed bar code page. It's on the last page of your eligibility notice. If you don't have a bar code, include your printed name and the application ID. Your application ID is beneath your mailing address at the top of your notice.
- We can't accept documents by email or fax.