If you are unhappy with the complaint resolution or think the eligibility decision about your health insurance coverage is wrong, you have the right to file an appeal with Nevada Health Link within 90 days of the date of eligibility determination on eligibility correspondence you receive from Nevada Health Link.
Please note: the 90-day timeline begins on the date of your eligibility determination notice, NOT the date on a complaint response.
You have a right to appeal if you think Nevada Health Link (NVHL) made a mistake about:
- If you believe you have been incorrectly determined ineligible for Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) and/or Cost Share Reductions (CSR)
- You were found eligible for APTC/CSR, but believe the amount is incorrect
- You were found ineligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- You were found ineligible to buy a Marketplace plan
- Failure by the Exchange to provide timely notice of an eligibility determination
Examples of Invalid Appeals
- Request for an effective change of date for your coverage, here.
- Tax liabilities: Please visit www.irs.gov or their reconciliation related page, here.
- Appealing a Medicaid determination by the Nevada Department of Welfare and Supportive Services (DWSS). Please contact DWSS, here.
- A dispute related to carrier billing: Please contact your carrier. Carrier contact information can be found here.
- For general enrollment assistance, please visit here.
- An appeal that is not related to an eligibility determination made by Nevada Health Link within 90 days of the eligibility notice date.
You have ninety (90) days from the date on your Eligibility Notice to file an appeal. The date of the postmark on your appeal envelope or the date your email is received is considered the date you filed your appeal.
Your Eligibility Notice explains whether you qualify for financial assistance to purchase insurance on Nevada Health Link. Depending on your eligibility results, you may appeal.
To file an appeal of a Nevada Health Link eligibility determination please visit https://www.nevadahealthlink.com/appeals/